Thursday, February 3, 2011

a rock does not bleed

"No matter how hard you hammer a rock, it won't bleed"- D.Ramsey



I was hung up on trying to understand, and still question, until I had an epiphanous moment, and realized as hard as I might try, some people are simply just incapable of seeing things from your perspective.  Whether it be a classic example of cognitive dissonance, the pernicious nature of certain individuals, or whether the act is immoral or hurtful, certain people cannot see or think beyond the "self".  I do not wish to allow "demented" behavior to dictate my reaction, but this is the hardest to execute given I have to confront this reality every day.  I'd wished for a do-over for a clean slate at a start to a "new year", I've been given a second chance.  Today is the start of the Lunar New Year,  thus I can leave all things negative behind,  hedge forward, look forward, and live up to my Rabbit sign.  "Letting go" of the anger is priority, working on the pain that remains is a work in progress...

































































































1 comment:

  1. Happy Chinese New Year! Let's all look forward and leave all the rubbish behind us.

    ReplyDelete