Friday, February 24, 2012

gift(s) to self

It has been echoed my way on more than one occasion that "forgiveness is a gift you give to yourself".  I'd started reading Unconditional Forgiveness by Mary Hayes Grieco, this book echoes these sentiments and then more, concrete steps of which to achieve what I consider to be an "ideal".  Maybe I am not evolved yet to be "unconditional".  But, the willingness to broach the process of forgiveness, I am open to.  I'd learned that it is important for me to let go of the emotional hostility and the pain of the disappointed expectations.  One notion of which I like best is,  "give up the hope for a better past, to give ourselves the gift of a richer present".

Amongst the gifts from friends this week, one tangible gift of which I'd made for myself is this bangle of mixed metals (brass, copper, silver)

"for each twilight, a dawn- R. W. Emerson"
Emotional moments were evident the last couple of days, because of what yesterday and tomorrow means, meant, but it is up to me to decide what it will mean.  I have been wearing the bangle all week.  I recognize the truth and the sheer sanction of these words, a certainty in the literal sense, at the very least.  I am liking this style because it is accommodating for various wrist sizes, yet, it still closes.  Exploring options similar to this style are on the agenda, perhaps "gifts" for other people.

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Caiming,

    How are you? LOVING your creations to death. You are one talented chick but I always knew that. Hope you are well. Miss you! Are you on facebook? Email you your address sometime.

    XOXOXOXO
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caiming, you know I periodically check your blog. It's a nice way for me to, in a strange way, stay connected over the miles and years that seem to pass all too quickly. You are an amazing woman...I admire you in so many ways...your ability to find beauty all around you, despite the trials and tribulations you continue to encounter. You are sooooo talented...a gift that you so freely share with others. Every time I read your blog, I wish that I lived closer. I would love to just get together and create...create beautiful things, beautiful memories. I read your entry about Italy and still wear my frog necklace at least once a week that you brought back for me. My most precious jewelry pieces have been gifts from you. I wish I could be there to give you a hug...perhaps one day I'll make it out to Beacon...wouldn't that be fun? Miss you and I hope all is well!
    With love (and a hug!),
    Jo

    ReplyDelete